I’m going peppermint crazy (and I have no plans to stop ) Raw peppermint and chocolate brownie tart
1/2 cup activated almonds
1 Tbsp raw cacao powder
1/4 cup dedicated coconut
10 Large, soft medjool dates
Pinch of good-quality salt
2 cups cashews, soaked 4 hours
1/2 cup plant milk
1 tsp pure vanilla (extract/seeds)
10-12 drops pure peppermint essential oil
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1/4 cup cacao butter, grated and melted double-boiler style
1/4 tsp spirulina (only used for colour: optional)
1/2 tsp non-GMO soy lecithin (optional)
1. For the base: add nuts, cacao, salt and coconut to a food processor. Pulse until fine crumbs form.
2. Add dates (ensure they are pitted), and pulse until a sticky ball forms).
3. Press the base into your desired tin/silicon cake pan
4. For the tart: drain cashews and rinse. Add cashews, plant milk, vanilla, peppermint, maple syrup, spirulina and lecithin (if using), to a high-speed blender. Blend on high until very smooth.
2. Taste, and add more peppermint or maple syrup if desired.
3. Add the melted cacao butter, and again blend on high, for one minute.
4. Pour the mixture onto your base, then bang out and bubble and smooth the top of the cake down with a spoon.
5. Set in the freezer overnight.
To serve: remove cake from freezer and tin. I like to decorate mine with swirls of raw chocolate and edible flowers, but you follow your heart ❤️. It will need to defrost for 5-10 mins before your dig in.
panaceas_pantry (Kath And Jade.) shared and selected for #food in Exquisite Category.