healthy shouldn’t look this hot but it does: lemongrass turkey with sriracha mayo – it’s the #burger version of a classic vietnamese #banhmi #150bunsofsummer #ad
• 4 D’Italiano® Brioche Buns, toasted
• 1 lb. ground turkey
• 2 stalks lemongrass – white parts only – minced
• 1 shallot, minced
• 1 tbsp. fish sauce
• 1⁄2 tsp. ground pepper
• 1⁄2 tsp. sugar
• 1 large carrot, julienned
• 2” piece of daikon, julienned
• 1⁄2 tsp. salt
• 2 tsp. sugar
• Sriracha mayo
• Green leaf lettuce
• Fresh cilantro
1. Make the pickles: put the carrots and daikon in a bowl and sprinkle with salt and sugar. After 15 minutes, rinse off the pickles, drain well and place in the fridge until ready to assemble the burgers.
2. In a bowl, mix together the turkey,
lemongrass, shallot, fish sauce, pepper, and sugar. Form into 4 patties. Grill over medium-high heat until lightly charred and cooked through, about 3-5 minutes per side.
3. Make the burger: spread on sriracha mayo to taste, then add a turkey patty. Top with lettuce, carrots and daikon mixture, cilantro, and the top bun.
iamafoodblog (food & travel) shared and selected for #food in Exquisite Category.