Creamy Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese with Kale from @sallysbakingaddiction!
* 4 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash (about 1 large squash)
* 1 and 1/4 cups (300ml) broth (I use low sodium)
* 1 and 1/4 cups (300ml) milk1
* 2 teaspoons minced garlic
* 1 pound uncooked whole wheat penne pasta (or any shape/variety)
* optional: 1 – 2 cups (70-140g) kale, roughly chopped with stems discarded
* 1/4 cup (60g) plain Greek yogurt2
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 1 and 1/2 heaping cups (150g) shredded cheese (I like gruyère or white cheddar)
* optional: 1/3 cup (30g) whole wheat breadcrumbs
livegreenhealthy (Jenny) shared and selected for #food in Exquisite Category.