Baked Four Cheese Garlic Spaghetti Squash by @eatwell101
Check out @eatwell101
Ingredients list for the roasted spaghetti squash
* 1 large spaghetti squash
* 5 garlic cloves, minced
* 1/2 cup water
* 1 chicken bouillon cube, crumbled (a good alternative to salt that gives a fuller body to the filling)
* 1 cup heavy cream
* 1 cup of Four-Cheese Italian White Cheese Blend (Mozzarella, White Cheddar, Provolone, Asiago)
* Fresh thyme
* Fresh ground pepper (buy whole peppercorns, the flavor is 300% better when you crack them straight from the pepper mill at the last minute)
* Parsley or chives or green onions, finely chopped
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F(200°C). Grab your spaghetti squash firmly and chop off the tip and tail. Cut in half length-wise and scoop out the innards and seeds. Place both halves on a baking sheet, maintained by a small foil ring to ensure stability. Sprinkle fresh cracked pepper over each half.
2. In a large bowl, combine minced garlic, heavy cream with 1/2 cup water, crumbled bouillon cube, chives and fresh thyme. Mix well.
3. Sprinkle a first layer of grated cheese in the cavities of each squash halves. Divide the cream mixture on top of cheese in each halves, then top with additional cheese.
4. Roast in the oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until the flesh of the spaghetti squash is very tender when poked with a fork. Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Note: You can cut baking time by half if you’re in a hurry. Put raw spaghetti squash halves face down in a shallow dish with a bit of water. Then microwave for 8 minutes (less or more, depending on the size of the squash). The flesh will be almost cooked through. Proceed with the remaining steps and bake for only 20-25 minutes in the oven.
cookinwithmima (MIMA) shared and selected for #food in Exquisite Category.